Wednesday, July 31, 2013

As good as it gets

The kids were driving me crazy yesterday afternoon in the rush to get dinner ready, put one on the potty, carry the other cranky one around, and get the last of my stuff ready for my class that evening. I ran out of the house running late and nervous about my class.

I hit traffic, which thankfully cleared up, and was still early to class at MCC. Then we launched into our Composition topics for the night and the 3 1/2 hours of discussion and practice seemed to fly by (for me at least).

As I drove home across the city I was still high from such a fun teaching experience, and I caught myself thinking, "Wow, this is it." This is it. This is one of those days that you hope for and keeps you going when teaching is so cumbersome and tiresome and frustrating. A day that redeems itself and reminds you how wonderful life is.

I am leaving a job that I love and enjoy and am good at. And I am returning to a house full of crazy boys that I love to pieces. What a wonderful place to be. How cool is this, and how grateful am I. Praise Him.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

1 comment: