Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rainy days

It's been very rainy this spring and this week in particular. Our lawn is literally up to our knees and our flowers and garden are swamped. There go our plans to head to a state park for some swimming. At least Jason has another excuse to not mow the grass yet, haha. And, we did have a good time running around the mall yesterday.

I do love some things about summer rains, though. I love how it breaks the humidity. I love the calming hum-drumming on the roof while I'm reading or getting ready for bed. I love splashing in puddles in the driveway with Andrew. I love refreshing, rainy runs around the block. I love snuggling up with a kid in my lap and a good book or movie while is pours outside.

So, as with many things in life, I'll take it and make the best of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment